Friday, May 24, 2013

Finals Bo Binals

Hey homies and friends and gentlemen, ladies, and countrymen. It's looking like a relaxing but busy but fun but interesting but crazy summer. However, since that second semester of mine seems to be quite over, as long as it took for me to want to feel like it, I'm done worrying about all my final projects for the spring of 2013, so I'd like to show them to you! Check them out!

Object Animation

This project was pretty experimental for me, and I wasn't exactly sure where I was going with it the whole time, I just knew what I wanted to explore so I went for it. I was in the midst of writing the song towards the end of the year, and I really wanted to explore the idea of both scratch on film and intonation to a piece of music that I had written! I was asked if the ending was scripted and I had to laugh because of the fact that I don't think this project would have come together the way it did had I planned it out that well. 

 

Motion Graphics

For my motion graphics class, I wanted to give myself the chance to explore the childlike craziness that you see in shows such as Yo Yo Gabba Gabba. I was excited to give myself the chance to explore more green screening, plus original backgrounds and music. I love how much happier I was with the project once I jumped from the draft (all the drafts are on my Vimeo) with myself to the version with Ryan, Aryeh, Jenny, and Ixchel. I think friends just make anything ten times better. 



Art of Editing

Art of Editing was a bit of a struggle for me artistically, simply because I had a hard time translating exactly what my professor was wanting with each assignment. I had a completely different draft for this project done the week before it was due, (available here for your viewing pleasure) which had my professor convinced I had learned nothing throughout the entire semester. So Riley graciously committed to whatever I wanted him to do, and he and I were able to come out with this the night before it was due. Thanks buddy!

2 comments:

  1. This was awesome. I didn't really understand the baby wailing in the background but I really liked the shots and the way they were cut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cat sex. We stopped mid filming this because there were cats in our backyard. I just decided to loop the audio we got from that over the whole video

      Delete