Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Art Stories Kid Stories



I took a course this past semester at UArts with profs Anna Beresin and Lindsay Sparagana, titled: "Art Stories Kid Stories". Essentially the entire curriculum consisted of us going to WG Childs elementary in South Philly and doing after school workshops with the kids. Most of the kids there are of lower income housing and many are at the school because nobody else has the time to watch them. Basically a chance for us to love on them for a couple of hours.

The course had it's initial hardships that I hadn't anticipated, one of the most prevalent setbacks being fellow students involved in the course simply because it was a required credit. This took away as much from me as it did the kids.

However, it turned out to be an incredibly rewarding experience, so here are a few of the many pictures that were taken from it. Also, above is the final video I made to show the kids on our last day there, which ended up in me showing them a few other videos I've made throughout the years. Hope you enjoy as much as they did!!










2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My little sister made it for me this past Xmas 🎅 the letters are from a scan of a painting I gave her ❤️

      Delete