I've been working on a synth... His name is Simon!!
I picked up the casing at Active Surplus, a really great electronics supply store downtown Toronto.
Simon primarily functions via the GinSing shield, calling it's own library allowing manipulation of multiple oscillator banks. The largest challenge so far is the fact that ones synthesis is established, it must run through the code once in order to read new values. Although this provides a clean timing and tempo to Simon's expression, it does limit the code as it is flowing. My current goal is to instantiate separate synthesis functions that can be called as opposed to using void loop.
As you can see in the code, I am currently only using one oscillator bank, and hopefully I will be able to incorporate different forms of synthesis and map them to the push buttons on the front. Also I hope to make the lever switch on the front a 'mode' selection switch.


No comments:
Post a Comment